"20 years after her critically acclaimed début at the Salzburg Festival as Susanna in Mozart’s Le Nozze Di Figaro, Dorothea Röschmann releases her first solo Mozart CD including, among others, famous arias from Don Giovanni and Le Nozze Di Figaro. Dorothea Röschmann is in the prime of her voice and referred to 'as one of the leading Mozart Sopranos today' (Der Tagesspiegel). The CD track list reflects her at her best and is also a dream come true for Dorothea: 'Mozart is the reason I wanted to do opera,' she says. 'To be able to embody Mozart figures on stage, that was my dream. His characters are real human beings, with sadness and joy and wit. It’s the whole picture that you get. It sounds strange, but singing Mozart really is a dream come true.' (Dorothea Röschmann interview with the Guardian). The album is recorded with the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Daniel Harding." [Source] Click here to pre-order Mozart Arias. Release dates for the album: Germany & France (September 11, 2015); UK (November 6, 2015). Track list is after the jump.
1. La clemenza di Tito, K. 621, Act I: "Deh, se piacer mi vuoi"
2. Idomeneo, K. 366, Act III Scene 10: "Oh smania! Oh furie! Oh disperata Elettra!"
3. Don Giovanni, K. 527, Act II: "In quali eccessi, o Numi!... Mi tradì quell'alma ingrata"
4. La clemenza di Tito, K. 621, Act II: "Ecco il punto, oh Vitellia"
5. Idomeneo, K. 366, Act III Scene 1: "Solitudini amiche... Zeffiretti lusinghieri"
6. Le nozze di Figaro, K. 492, Act II: "Porgi, amor, qualche ristoro"
7. Le nozze di Figaro, K. 492, Act III: "E Susanna non vien! Dove sono..."
8. "Bella mia fiamma, addio," K. 528